Koffeeplace is a growing community for women professionals, that enables women who have taken a break in their careers to get back to work. Koffeeplace lists full time, part time, work from home and project based opportunities that women can explore and apply too. Our website also has career resources aimed at inspiring women. We work with women offline as well through one on one counselling sessions, group workshops, mentoring and networking events, and career fairs to equip them with the skills they need in their careers.
Launched in: 2015
Ashni Dwarkadas –
MBA (Tepper School of Business, CMU), BBA (Carnegie Mellon University). Ashni worked as an analyst in the Investment Banking team at Enam Securities private limited for 4 years. She left to set up EDGE Education, which provided educational guidance to students planning to pursue studies abroad, as well as training for the SATs, GRE and the GMAT.
Anisha Parikh –
Anisha has experience conceptualizing and building new business. She worked in her jewellery family business for 10 years, started a lifestyle salon with a friend in 2008 and launched a portal on daily deals in October 2010.
Problem Area Addressed:
- One of the biggest challenges facing Indian women professionals today is being able to strike a work life balance.
- Very low female labour force participation – bottom 20 countries of 131
- Only 27% of women above the age of 18 are working in India.
- 1.5 million professionally qualified women take a break from work every year in India
- Only 18-34% of women come back to work after having a child.
- Career Resources: To help women excel in all areas of work and life
- Curated Jobs: Part time, full time, work from home, and project based opportunities
- Talent Database: Freelancers / consultants can get listed to be considered for projects
- Company Profiles: Allows women a glimpse into life at the company through pictures, videos and testimonials
- Mentorship: Access to mentors across various fields through email interactions and offline mentorship events
- Interaction: Networking events, career fairs, workshops
Industry and Competition:
- Women focussed portals: Sheroes, JobsforHer.
- Re-entry into the workforce after a career break
- Other job portals – Naukri, Monster, Shine, Timesjobs, Classifieds job listings