Spouseup is an online matrimonial matcher that aims at maximizing relevance of matches and minimizing risk. SpouseUp provides a better user experience by using your social media data and requesting references from friends / relatives. The idea is to discover people with common interests that would lead to better chances of a real world bonding. At SpouseUp one could also play the role of a matchmaker and help his or her friends / relatives find the ideal match.
Founder: KarthikJayaraman, Consulted for Redhat, Sun Microsystems;PhD, fromOslo, MBA from Fudan China, MS from KTH Sweden, B.E. from Bharathiyar University
Founder: K Vinod Cartic, Consulted for Frost & Sullivan, Eco Sustainable Living Technologies; MBA Gold medalist, Sathya Sai University,B.Tech. Gold medalist IIT Madras
- Existing players focus on only traditional parameters like religion, age and caste whereas the modern individual is far more complex with diverse likes and interests.
- There is an urgent need for effective and fraud-free matching.
- Also, clients do not want to fill in large forms of their personal data.
- Hence there is a need for a more comprehensive but intelligent matchmaker.
- India has the youngest population in the world with over 500 million people who are below the age of 35.
- The idea is to target the 18+ population that is on facebook (India has over 100 million facebook users).
Industry and Competition:
- Traditional matrimony matchmaking platforms include Bharat Matrimony, Shaadi and JeevanSathi.
- Mature relationship and dating platforms include Tinder, Twoo, Thrill and Krush.
- The traditional platforms have built successful models based in franchisees while the new ones are seen as dating platforms.
- There is a strong need for an intelligent matchmaker focused on matrimony which combines the traditional process with modern technology.
Revenue Model: Freemium business model