STARTUP INDIA SEED FUND
Zone Startups India is also known as BRTSIF (BIL - Ryerson Technology Startup Incubator Foundation).
We provide seed funding to early-stage technology startups.
Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) aims to provide financial assistance to startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry and commercialization. This would enable these startups to graduate to a level where they will be able to raise investments from angel investors or venture capitalists, or seek loans from commercial banks or financial institutions.
Which startups do we prefer ?
- Startups with a disruptive technology
- Startups with a scalable business model
- Startups building category defining products / services
We are looking to partner with entrepreneurs
- Who dream to solve hard problems
- Developing a market fit technology based solution
- Attempting commercialization and go-to market
- With a strong focus on path to profitability
- Stage = Seed
- Ticket size = Up to INR 50 Lakhs
- Sector = Agnostic (Technology focused)
- Business model = Any (B2B or B2C)
- Geography = Anywhere in India
IoT based real-time monitoring technology for distribution transformers that reduces failure, optimizes performance and predicts maintenance.
What kind of startups are eligible to apply ?
- DPIIT recognized startups
- Incorporated less than 2 years ago
- Shareholding by Indian promoters in the startup should be at least 51%
- Startup should not have received more than Rs 10 lakh of monetary support under any other Central or State Government scheme.
Why us ?
Located on the 18th floor of the iconic BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) building, with a panoramic view of the southern tip of Mumbai, Zone Startups India (BRTSIF) has been one of the leading incubators and accelerators in India since 2013. Since its inception, it has provided support to over 650 startups and has built a support ecosystem that includes mentors, corporates and investors, thereby providing full 360-degree support to its family of startups. Our support to startups is provided across all lifecycle stages in a startup's journey. Zone Startups India has been the birthplace of many well-known Indian startups, including the likes of Citrus Pay, Baby Chakra and Dimension NXG.
Review of application submitted by startups on SISF portal and initial shortlisting.
One-on-One meeting (virtual / physical) with the startup founder to evaluate the potential of business and the fund requirement plan. Based on this screening round, our team selects startups for the next stage.
Startups who clear the Deal screening stage are showcased to an independent committee called ISMC (Incubator Seed Management Committee). This committee evaluates and approves funding.
After ISMC approves the investment, a Term Sheet is signed with the selected startup.
A detailed due diligence exercise is conducted on the startup to find any red flags.
On satisfactory completion of due diligence, an Investment Agreement is signed with the startup.
After all necessary procedures are completed with respect to the investment, funds are remitted to the startup.